A via ferrata is a hike along a rock face that evokes a crossing. The atmosphere is airy, with a diversity of itineraries: alternating natural paths and metal rungs, sometimes with surprising footbridges. Each participant is roped to the guide. A cable runs alongside the rock, allowing everyone to secure their position using a lanyard.
A little extra: near Megève, the via ferrata de la Curalla on the Passy hillside gives you a superb view of the Mont Blanc Massif!
Also on the program:
– Via Ferrata de la roche à l’Agathe (Thônes): limestone via ferrata suspended above the village of Thônes.
– Via Ferrata des Aravis: south-facing, with a crossing of the Arvi on a spectacular footbridge 80 meters above ground.
– Via Ferrata la Tour du Jalouvre (Grand Bornand): a very aerial route with the possibility of seeing Bearded Vultures!
– Via Ferrata du Mont (Sixt Fer à Cheval): a 15 m footbridge, gas, 8 m ladder, overlooking the Tines gorges (take the opportunity to visit the Fer à Cheval cirque and the Rouget waterfall).
– Via Ferrata Roc du Vent (Arêches Beaufort): 19 m long Nepalese bridge! Breathtaking views of the Roseland dam, the Vanoise massif, Grand Paradis and Mont Blanc.